Mushroom Burger Pockets
These hearty hand-held pockets are favored by my husband and sons during combining season. I have a warm batch waiting for them to grab and eat on the run.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 16x8-in. rectangle. Cut into eight squares. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture in the center of each square; sprinkle with cheese. Bring the four corners to center over filling; pinch seams together to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 417 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Burger Pockets in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book