Mushroom Burger Cups
For many years on Christmas Eve, a dear friend would bring these hearty snacks to share with us and our six children. Now our grandchildren nibble on these treats as the adults reminisce about past holidays. - Lucille Metcalfe, Barrie, Ontario.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 18 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut 2-1/2-in. circles from bread slices. Spread butter over one side of each circle. Press circles, buttered side down, into ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into bread cups. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
You can keep a batch of Mushroom Burger Cups on hand for easy entertaining. After baking them, cook, then freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat frozen cups on a baking sheet at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Originally published as Mushroom Burger Cups in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book