For many years on Christmas Eve, a dear friend would bring these hearty snacks to share with us and our six children. Now our grandchildren nibble on these treats as the adults reminisce about past holidays. - Lucille Metcalfe, Barrie, Ontario.
Recommended: Our Most Over-the-Top Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 18 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut 2-1/2-in. circles from bread slices. Spread butter over one side of each circle. Press circles, buttered side down, into ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into bread cups. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mushroom Burger Cups in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p15
Reviews forMushroom Burger Cups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010