Mushroom Broccoli Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; mix well. Combine whole wheat flour and salt; stir into yeast mixture until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Punch down dough; press onto a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake until edges are light golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- 4. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain well.
- 5. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with mushroom mixture, tomatoes, broccoli, basil and cheeses. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 12-14 minutes. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 283 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Broccoli Pizza
"I made this for dinner tonight. It is GREAT. I added a little chopped green pepper as well. It took longer then 30 minutes, however, but I started it early so it was not a big deal."