Mushroom Bisque Recipe
The subtle taste of parsley comes through in this rich, creamy broth. It has great flavor, plus it's so easy.—Emily R Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to pan. Stir in sour cream; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 271 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Bisque
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC