Mushroom Beef Tips with Rice Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes; set aside 1/4 cup. Add beef to pan; cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove beef mixture from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with rice; top with reserved mushrooms. Yield: 3 servings.
2/3 cup: 473 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Tips with Rice
"I generally try not to feed my family pre-prepared food because of high sodium content and preservatives, but I have to admit this was super fast and very good. But I guess It's okay just as long as I don't serve it very often. Garnished with sliced green onion and served over egg noodles. The guys in the family REALLY liked it."
"This is "cooking"? More like "re-heating" to me!"
"I would like to know what beef tips are. They must be an American terminology that we (Canadians) call something else. I'm curious."
"I added some chopped onions, too. My family really liked this recipe!"
"You can also use Hormel and Tyson beef Tips and Gravy and do it in the microwave. I have also added a little flour to the mixture to thicken it a little. I highly recommend this recipe. Although it is not to original, since I found this recipe on either a Tyson or Hormel beef Tips and Gravy package."