Mushroom Beef Tenderloin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with the mushroom sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2017
Delicious. Would not change a thing.
Jul 24, 2016
I made this yesterday. It was very tasty. I used sirloin steaks cut into smaller pieces because that's what I had on hand and I cooked them in a slow cooker, while I was out for the afternoon. The sauce/gravy was what I was most after and it was very good. I will definitely make it again.
Nov 7, 2013
I love this recipe. I have made this for guests and everyone raves about it. My son loves mushrooms so this is the perfect dish. I do add some garlic to this as well.
Dec 24, 2012
Enjoyed making this - added an onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper to the mushroom sauce to spice it up.
Jun 23, 2011
YUM! This is a restaurant-quality recipe that I plan to make a regular in our house. The hubby and I both loved it!