- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Brown steak; remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Return steak to pan. Add soup, sour cream, onions, thyme and marjoram; heat gently (do not boil). Serve over noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings
Reviews forMushroom Beef Stroganoff
"I'm with Barbara, I really didn't care for this one. My boyfriend liked it, but I thought it had kind of a funky flavor I can't put my finger on."
"Very bland dish. Reminded me of school cafeteria food."