Mushroom Bean Medley Recipe
Fresh mushrooms, onion and a splash more white wine flavor a savory sauce that really dresses up the convenience of frozen veggies. This quick, tasty side dish would complement just about any entree and is likely to become a family favorite.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen waxed beans, green beans and carrots
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Saute mushrooms and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add vegetables and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 104 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Bean Medley
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC