VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 pound small fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 6 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onions until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, water, broth and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the beans, salsa, chili powder and pepper sauce; heat through.
- Spoon 1 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Bean Burritos in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p61
Reviews forMushroom Bean Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"I added a can of black beans with the refried beans and salsa to make it more filling, and it was excellent! Great recipe, thank you!"