During summer, I use the barbecue grill often. Food just tastes better, and cleanup is much easier. This recipe is a delicious way to dress up plain hamburgers.
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 to 5 hamburger buns
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four or five patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with tomato if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Bacon Burgers in Country Extra July 1996, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Bacon Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2015
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2009
"Love these! Even have had a couple people that don't like mushrooms eat them and loved them."