During summer, I use the barbecue grill often. Food just tastes better, and cleanup is much easier. This recipe is a delicious way to dress up plain hamburgers.
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 to 5 hamburger buns
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four or five patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with tomato if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Bacon Burgers in Country Extra July 1996, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Bacon Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2015
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2015
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2009
"Love these! Even have had a couple people that don't like mushrooms eat them and loved them."