Mushroom-Artichoke Brunch Bake
While the potatoes are baking the rest of the prep can be done...there's not much slicing or measuring. While this makes a pretty vegetarian egg bake, you can also add a layer of little smoked sausages cut lengthwise in half over the artichokes if you want a more substantial meal.—Suzanne Francis, Marysville, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; drizzle with 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle with salt. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Place artichokes on paper towels; pat dry. Sprinkle mushrooms, artichokes and cheese over the potatoes. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and green chilies; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 239 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Artichoke Brunch Casserole in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.