Mushroom and Turkey Stir-Fry
My family loves this fast-to-fix stir-fry featuring turkey instead of the usual chicken. It's very colorful and has a nice crunch from the snowpeas and chunks of sweet red pepper.—Sally Moulton, Greene, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 10 large fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a skillet, saute the peas, red pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the turkey and soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 172 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Stir-Fry in Country Woman November/December 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.