Mushroom and Rice Pilaf
Simple rice pilaf is a lifesaver when you are hosting Thanksgiving. Just place the ingredients in the slow cooker and forget about it until it’s time to serve. —Kathleen Hedger, Godfrey, Illinois
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add mushrooms, green onions and oregano. Stir in broth and water. Cook, covered, on low until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 3-4 hours.
3/4 cup: 246 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC