"Spinach is one of my favorite vegetables, so my husband grows it for me every year," says Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "This salad is super easy to use it."
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, cut into wedges
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and green onions. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Add the lemon juice, water, mustard and pepper to the drippings; cook and stir until heated through. Immediately drizzle over salad; toss gently. Top with eggs and reserved bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p56