- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion mushroom soup mix
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Add beef strips and shake to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the soup, water and soup mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, sour cream and parsley. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMushroom 'n' Steak Stroganoff
"This was actually really good, it just needed a bit of "something". I added about a tablespoon of Worcestershire and a bit of horseradish about halfway through cooking and just used an envelope of onion soup mix. Oh, and fresh mushrooms tossed in at the beginning. My son, who doesn't usually care for stroganoff, had 2nds."
"Very easy and fairly tasty but a bit bland as others have said. The concept is worth keeping and working with. The meat was tender and the gravy very good, it just needs... something. I will be making it again."
"needs more flavor. Maybe some wine or extra garlic."
"This is to salty, I like the recipe for stroganoff that I have been making much better. I made this one just to try it out."
"This is a very easy dish to make and soooooo tastey!"
"Oh, this is a GOOD one! I followed the recipe exactly and loved it. So easy, too!"
"Ahhhh! Something happened to my stars!!! I had 4, but when I clicked submit, it went down to just one. I give this FOUR STARS!!!"
"This was super easy to make, and I really liked that you don't have to brown the beef first in a separate pan. I couldn't find the onion mushroom soup mix so I just used onion flakes, and I think that made a difference because the sauce wasn't quite as thick as I would have liked. I'll definitely be making this again, and will make more effort to find the soup mix."
"I added a cup of fresh mushrooms halfway through the cooking time."