- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 12 ounces fresh chanterelle, baby portobello or oyster mushrooms, or a combination of mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp tea towel. Trim stems; quarter or slice large mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 4-6 minutes or until tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir in leek, salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese onto bottom of pastry-lined pie plate. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended; pour over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMushroom & Leek Pie
"Delicious meatless dish. It was a hit at our house!"
"i liked the leeks in this pie. they added a great flavor yet were not overpowering as inions maybe"
"This is delish. ! Great lenten dish !"