The grave couldn't hold these mummified treats for long! Watch these fudgy brownies pull a disappearing act at your Halloween get-together. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Graveyard Halloween Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8-in. square baking pans with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pans. Cut into bars. Using a No. 46 pastry tip, pipe frosting over brownies. Decorate with candy eyes. Yield: 32 brownies.
Originally published as Mummy Brownies in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p104
Reviews forMummy Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2015
"These were a big hit at our Halloween party! I used M & Ms for the candy eyes."