VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple or fruit syrup, yogurt and berries
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg yolks, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup, yogurt and berries. Yield: 8 waffles.
Originally published as Multigrain Waffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p156
Reviews forMultigrain Waffles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"Used 1/2 apple sauce and 1/2 butter - very good!"