- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forMultigrain Muffins
"Did not like this at all. Bland dense."
"These are too bland for me."
"I just made these tonight and they are awesome! My "goodie loving" husband gave them two thumbs up too. I didn't have any walnuts so I decided to add 1/4 cups of dried cranberries I had in the pantry instead in addition to the raisins. That was a good decision!"
"These are nice and fluffy, but they lack a little sweetness. Next time I will add a bit more brown sugar in the mix and/or on the muffin tops. Overall, a good muffin, though!"
"I really did like these. I added some currants and sultanas instead of the usual raisins and thought they were wonderful. These will make for great breakfast fare in the fall. I'm looking forward to coming up with variations of this recipe. Thanks!"