Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard cloves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 884mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 25, 2012
This recipe won't become a family favorite; there are much tastier chicken soup recipes! It wasn't "Indian" enough for us.
Oct 5, 2012
I made this as the recipe was written and tasted before adding anything else. this was a pretty bland soup. it needs more salt and spice added.I also added half and half at the end to help boost flavor. there are better recipes for mulligatawny out there.