Mulled Holiday Drink
The beverage's burgundy color and tart taste are terrific for winter. —Richell Welch, Buffalo, Texas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) white grape juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- Citrus-Cinnamon Stir Sticks, optional
- Pour juices into a Dutch oven. Place cloves and cinnamon on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to juice mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm with stir sticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Mulled Holiday Drink in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.