VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 each whole cloves and allspice
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Place cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place the remaining ingredients in large saucepan; add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Discard spice bag. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Mulled Cran-Apple Juice in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p33