- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 submarine buns (7 inch), split
- 1 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 12 slices process American or provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pulse olives and artichoke hearts in a food processor until finely chopped. Add mayonnaise, capers and garlic powder; process until blended. Spread onto buns. Layer bottom halves with ham, salami and cheese; close sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches in half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMuffuletta Subs
"Insult to REAL MUFFULETTA---processed American cheese??? Surprised there isn't SPAM listed as a Main Ingredient!!!"
"I have never before played "nutrition police," but can the sodium and fat listed possibly be right? The sodium is 1.5 times the recommended daily allowance, and the fat is 85% of the RDA. I can see that there are a lot of salty and fatty ingredients, but I can't imagine that each individual sandwich could be that high?"
"I've made these dozens of times, I use mozzarella cheese slices and a almost 1 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt) and a dash of sea salt and these are the BEST!!! A friend said these were so good, he thought it was a subway sub! Very yummy. My husband takes them for his lunch the next day."