Muffin Tin Tamale Cakes Recipe
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, corn and eggs; stir just until moistened. Stir in 1 cup cheese. In another bowl, toss chicken with enchilada sauce.
- 2. Fill each of 24 foil-lined muffin cups with 2 tablespoons batter. Place 1 tablespoon chicken mixture into center of each; cover with about 1 tablespoon batter.
- 3. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 muffin: 137 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Muffin Tin Tamale Cakes
"These were not bad, but very bland, and to my mind the chicken didn't add anything at all. I would just make the cornbread mix. Won't be making it again."
"These were good, but base on my family's "ho-hum" reaction, I probably won't be making them again. They were nice and moist just not much flavor."
"I loved these! The combination of the chicken and cornbread was delicious and so much easier than trying to make tamales. Yum!"