- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper, optional
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- Additional ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat metal muffin pan with nonstick spray. In medium mixing bowl, combine beef, onion, green pepper if desired, cereal, salt, pepper and egg. Set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard until smooth. Pour half of ketchup mixture into meat and mix until thoroughly combined. Form meat mixture into six balls and place in muffin cups. Spoon remaining ketchup mix over meatballs. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from pan with spoon and serve. Yield: 6 meatballs.
Reviews forMuffin Pan Meatballs
"Tasty, easy & economical. I used extra lean ground beef (93% lean) & 1/4 tsp. salt. When making the sauce I used Westbrae Naturals brand unsweetened ketchup & 1 1/2 Tbsps. brown sugar instead. This reduced sodium & sugar (we're trying to eat healthier). I am pleased to report the extra lean beef was not dry; the meatballs were moist, tender & flavorful. Family requested I make this again & I will."