- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 hot dogs, each cut into 4 pieces
- Optional: Ketchup or honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together the first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups three-fourths full with batter. Add 2 hot dog pieces to each muffin.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean, 17-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm with ketchup or honey mustard if desired.
2 muffins: 399 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.