Muffin-Cup Corn Dogs
Bring a little bit of summer back with a county fair favorite. Little ones are sure to enjoy this take on traditional corn dogs. —Grace Bryant, Merritt Island, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 hot dogs, each cut into 4 pieces
- Ketchup or honey mustard, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups three-fourths full with batter. Add two hot dog pieces to each muffin.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean, 17-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm with ketchup if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 muffins: 399 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Corn Dog Muffins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018