Muffin-Cup Cheddar Beef Pies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
Makes20 meat pies
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Let dough stand at room temperature until softened, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 12-15 minutes; drain. Stir in mushrooms, cheese and seasonings.
- Divide each loaf into 10 portions; roll each into a 4-in. circle. Top with 1/4 cup filling; bring edges of dough up over filling and pinch to seal.
- Place meat pies in greased muffin cups, seam side down. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with spaghetti sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef pies in a freezer container. To use, reheat beef pies on greased baking sheets in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 meat pies: 482 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 25, 2016
Roll out dough as if for Bierocks smear a bit iof spaghetti sauce on dough before adding meat and bake on sheet pan. Freeze for quick snacks. I've even added to hamburger after frying.
Jun 23, 2014
this was such a good recipe. i made them and froze the extra ones for another meal.
Mar 27, 2014
We did a taco version - cheese, taco seasoning, and salsa instead of the mushrooms, italian seasoning and spaghetti sauce. It was AMAZING! This recipe will definitely make the weekly rotation! Thank you!
Jan 29, 2014
These are great. I didn't have any frozen bread dough so I rolled out individual Grands biscuits and wrapped them around the filling. Yummy. I made mini bacon cheeseburger the second time. A big hit. Thanks.
Jan 28, 2014
There are only 3 of us at home so cut the receipe in half. Very good. My husband said that they reminded him of a mini wrapped burger. I put the frozen bread dough in the fridge overnight and it was very easy to work with and there was no need to wait the 30 minutes as suggested. I will make this again.