- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°. In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat germ, cereal and coconut. Pour into two greased 13x9-in. baking pans.
- 2. Bake 20 minutes, stirring once. Heat honey in a saucepan until thin, about 5 minutes. Pour half into each pan; stir to coat evenly.
- 3. Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in walnuts and apricots. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 11 cups.
3/4 cup: 347 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Muesli
"First of all--this is granola-it is NOT muesli. Muesli is just a mixture of grains, dried fruits, and nuts--it is NOT baked and it is generally NOT sweetened. Even as granola, this is nothing special--I have had much better. This recipe is MUCH too sweet. If I lessened the amount of honey, I might use this as a base for a granola that includes more dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and the like. Using all-bran cereal is sort of a waste--why not use wheat or oat bran itself?"
"Muesli is an excellent source of fibre and many other things and one my family loves. It's a recipe we'll be making many more times and keeping for a long time."