VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Place water, egg and beans in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add to onion. Stir in chili powder, salt and garlic salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. When cool, stir in mayonnaise. Chill. Serve with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Store dip in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Mud Slide Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p37
Reviews forMud Slide Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"The dip is good, but I think it might need a little garlic."