Mud Slide Dip
Although it might be a stretch of the imagination, we gave weather-related names to the dip served with veggies for the theme party. The sandy color of the bean dip inspired its new "natural" identity. -Ndara Pike, Tempe, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Place water, egg and beans in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add to onion. Stir in chili powder, salt and garlic salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. When cool, stir in mayonnaise. Chill. Serve with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Store dip in the refrigerator.
Originally published as Mud Slide Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.