VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 wooden pop sticks
- 12 double-stuffed Golden Oreo cookies
- 10 pink candy coating disks
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) white candy coating disks, divided
- Popped popcorn
- Black decorating icing
- Assorted holiday sprinkles
- Insert a pop stick into the filling of each cookie; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. To secure sticks, freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt pink candy coating with 3 cups white candy coating, stirring until well blended. Dip cookies in coating, allowing excess to drip off (reheat coating as necessary). Attach popcorn for buns in Mrs. Claus' hair; return to baking sheets. Freeze until set, about 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining white candy coating. Dip popcorn and tops of cookies in white coating for hair; swirl with a small spatula to make curls. Return to baking sheets.
- Transfer black icing to a pastry bag or food-safe plastic bag fitted with a small round pastry tip; pipe eyes and eyeglasses onto faces. Add decorations as desired, using melted coating to attach. Let stand at room temperature until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mrs. Claus Cookie Pops in Country Woman December/January 2017