Mr. Fruit Bunny
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 green apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 unpeeled red apples, sliced
- 4 large firm bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 slices kiwifruit (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 9 seedless green grapes
- 1 stick black licorice, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch strips
- Toss apples and bananas with lemon juice. In the center of a large serving platter or 16-in. x 12-in. baking sheet covered with freezer paper, layer green apples in an 8-in. circle to make bunny's head. For eyes, place kiwi slices on top half of head about 1 in. apart. Place cherry in center of face for nose. For each ear, place two whole bananas together with only tips touching. Place red apples in center of ears with peel showing. For bow tie, form a 3-in. circle with oranges centered under head and two 4-in. triangles on each side of circle. Place grapes on oranges to make polka dots. Just before serving cut licorice into seven 3-in. strips and seven 1-1/2-in. strips. place three 3-in. strips on each side of cherry for whiskers. Bend the remaining 3-in. strip into a semicircle and place 1-1/2 in. below nose for mouth. Connect nose to mouth with one 1-1/2-in. strip. For eyelashes, place three 1-1/2-in. strip. For eyelashes, place three 1-1/2-in. strips above each eye. Carefully slice bananas into 1-in. chunks.
Apr 7, 2010
Mr. Fruit Bunny was perfect for our Easter breakfast with Lemon Bread & hard boiled eggs. I used strawberries instead of red apples for the ears. I did not use the lemon juice. Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.