Convenient frozen phyllo shells add to this impressive appetizer's easy preparation. Although I make them year-round, they're especially tasty with garden-fresh tomatoes.
Featured In: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 pitted ripe olives, quartered
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell. Top each with an olive piece; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"Easy to make. Tastes great."
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2009
"Very easy to make, went over well. Makes exactly 24."