Mozzarella Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, tomatoes and onion. In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Let stand at least 15 minutes. Stir just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 157 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 13, 2016
Good recipe. Suggestion: follow the recipe as given. I added the dressing, stirred it, and then let it stand for a couple of hours. I think the juices from the tomatoes diluted the dressing and it was not not as flavorful as I had hoped. I will serve this again, but I will not add the dressing until shortly before serving.
Aug 19, 2015
Loved this! So simple and delicious!
Oct 14, 2014
Simple and delicious, this went over well with visiting family. The fresh basil really makes this salad special. Yum, yum!
Jul 15, 2012
this one one of three salads I made for a picnic, it was loved by all! I was a little concerned about quadrupling it to have enough, but turned out great!
May 8, 2011
Very fast. Very yummy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.