Mozzarella Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette Recipe
A chocolate salad dressing? How else would you dress a salad on Valentine's Day? Don't let the unusual name and flavor combination confuse you—the salty prosciutto and mellow mozzarella are beautifully balanced with the sweet-tart chocolate balsamic vinegar dressing. —Jenni Sharp, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1-1/2 cups watercress
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, cook prosciutto over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain and set aside.
- 2. Divide salad greens and watercress among six salad plates. Arrange cheese, strawberries and prosciutto over greens.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Whisk in the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 301 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Mozzarella Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC