- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place zucchini in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Press zucchini and blot dry with paper towels; transfer to a large bowl. Add muffin mixes, eggs, pepper and remaining salt; stir until blended. Spread evenly into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with red pepper, olives and green onions. Sprinkle with herbs and cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forMozzarella Corn Bread Pizza
"This is a great recipe! We added toppings to fit our family's tastes (like fresh baby spinach and pepperoni). I never would have thought of making pizza this way, but it's very good! I'll be making this again!"