Mozzarella Chicken with Veggies Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan; top with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 340 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Mozzarella Chicken with Veggies
"I made this in an iron skillet and topped it with shredded Mozzarella and put it in the broiler till the cheese was melted and browned. It was a great dinner, and my husband liked it to. I am a Volunteer Field Editor and I love to crank up a recipes. I did not have to do much to this one. It was great."