Mozzarella Chicken with Veggies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan; top with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 340 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Aug 7, 2017
I made this in an iron skillet and topped it with shredded Mozzarella and put it in the broiler till the cheese was melted and browned. It was a great dinner, and my husband liked it to. I am a Volunteer Field Editor and I love to crank up a recipes. I did not have to do much to this one. It was great.