Mozzarella Beef Sandwiches
"This is a great supper when we're short on time," says Erica Svejda of her fantastic four-ingredient sandwich. The Janesville, Wisconsin cook simply jazzes up deli roast beef with cheese and jarred spaghetti sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound, 20 inches) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; cut widthwise into five portions. On each bread bottom, layer beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 542 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 2538mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 48g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mozzarella Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking November/December 2004