Mozzarella Basil Bruschetta
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 1. Cut each slice of bread in half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, pepper and salt. Spoon 1 tablespoonful over each piece of bread; top with cheese and remaining tomato mixture. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 piece: 94 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 31, 1969
These were absolutely delicious! A nice twist to usual bruschetta! Will use this recipe again!
Aug 25, 2013
Great summer appetizer