- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- Cut each slice of bread in half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, pepper and salt. Spoon 1 tablespoonful over each piece of bread; top with cheese and remaining tomato mixture. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forMozzarella Basil Bruschetta
"These were absolutely delicious! A nice twist to usual bruschetta! Will use this recipe again!"
"Great summer appetizer"