Movie Star Cookie Pops
Amp up the glam factor at your event with these lemony treats. Display them in a vase and hand out wrapped ones as favors. —Kara Edstrom, Maple Grove, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makes26 cookie pops
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 26 lollipop sticks
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- Edible glitter and colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and extracts until smooth. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Using a 3-1/2 in. star shaped cookie cutter, cut out 26 stars. Using a 1 in. star shaped cookie cutter, cut out 26 small stars. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Press a lollipop stick into each large star.
- Bake 350° for 9-11 minutes until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies; immediately attach a small cookie to each large cookie. Decorate as desired with glitter and sugar. Let stand until set.
Editor's NoteEdible glitter is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie pop: 216 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Party Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.