Movie Night Munchie Mix
Why not enjoy concession-style snacks at home? I took some of my favorites and combined them to make a sweet and savory mix. —Dawn Moore, Warren, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons white cheddar popcorn seasoning
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) butter-flavored microwave popcorn, popped
- 2 cups caramel-filled chocolate candies
- 1 cup red licorice bites
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine Corn Chex and Rice Chex. Place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20-25 seconds or until just melted. Whisk in popcorn seasoning until smooth. Pour over cereal; toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Stir in popcorn and candies. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 192 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as A Night at the Movies Munchie Mix in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.