Mouthwatering Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 cups cubed day-old French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add bread cubes; stir gently to coat. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 187 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 3, 2014
I prepared this dish tonight and it was so good. I used some frosted cinnamon rolls that I made yesterday but they didn't rise and I didn't want to throw them out so I used them in this bread pudding. Oh, my goodness, was it good. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. I will make this dish again.
Jan 17, 2013
Excellent tasting bread pudding...only change was added raisins and had to bake 35 minutes. Will definitely make again.
May 6, 2010
This was a really good healthy recipe. I did add raisins. This will become a regular!
Jan 19, 2010
Great for diabetics. Not overly sweet. Next time I will add a 1/4 cup of raisins and/or 1/4 cup of dried cranberries just for a variable. Then I will continue to make this using the three flavors at different times. Definitely a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.