Mouth-Watering Holiday Stuffing
A package of corn bread stuffing speeds up the prep work for this sausage-filled dish…and the results truly are mouthwatering!
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes12 cups (enough to stuff one 12- to 14-pound turkey)
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add apple and butter; cook until butter is melted. Cook 3 minutes longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, cranberries, sage, rosemary and thyme. Stir in broth. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 222 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Mouth WateringThanksgiving Stuffing in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.