Mousse-Topped Pound Cake
A smooth creamy filling with a mild cocoa flavor is spread on layers of pound cake, then topped with sliced kiwifruit for a pretty presentation.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced, optional
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Split cake into three horizontal layers. Spread about 1/2 cup mousse on bottom layer; repeat layers twice. Garnish with kiwi if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 263 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Chocolate Mousse Pound Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2005