A smooth creamy filling with a mild cocoa flavor is spread on layers of pound cake, then topped with sliced kiwifruit for a pretty presentation.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 50 Swoon-Worthy Layered Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced, optional
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Split cake into three horizontal layers. Spread about 1/2 cup mousse on bottom layer; repeat layers twice. Garnish with kiwi if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mousse-Topped Pound Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p17