"As a chocolate lover, I created this creamy chocolate and orange pie to satisfy my cravings," says Shelly Platten of Amherst, Wisconsin. "When I served it to friends, they immediately polished off one piece and asked for seconds."
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the milk, orange juice concentrate, sour cream and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Spoon half into crust. Set eight mandarin orange segments aside. Arrange remaining oranges over filling. Top with remaining filling and reserved oranges.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening. Stir until smooth; cool slightly. Drizzle over pie. Chill for at least 4 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mountainous Mandarin Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p45
Reviews forMountainous Mandarin Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review