Mountain Ham Supreme
Little kids think it's really neat how the bread makes mountains in the pan. Very tasty, too. —Keri Cotton, Lakeville, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 12 slices bread
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large eggs
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toast bread. Mix ham, cheese, mayonnaise and ground mustard. Spread ham mixture over 6 slices of bread; top with remaining slices to make 6 sandwiches. Cut sandwiches into triangles.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, arrange sandwich triangles cut side down, with points facing up, pressing together as needed to fit in 2 rows. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour over sandwich triangles. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 300°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.