Mountain Ham Supreme
Little kids think it's really neat how the bread makes mountains in the pan. Very tasty, too. —Keri Cotton, Lakeville, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 12 slices bread
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toast bread. Mix ham, cheese, mayonnaise and ground mustard. Spread ham mixture over 6 slices of bread; top with remaining slices to make 6 sandwiches. Cut sandwiches into triangles.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, arrange sandwich triangles crust side down, with points facing up, pressing together as needed to fit in two rows. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour over sandwich triangles. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 300°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 366 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Mountain Ham Supreme in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.